BOSTON GLOBE ALL-SCHOLASTICS IN BASEBALL
Each year, the Boston Globe recognizes the best high school athlete baseball players across Massachusetts. A Player of the Year is named in each division, as well as All-Scholastics across the state. See what the Boston Globe said about them then, and Boston Baseball will catch you up on what each athlete has done since.
See every Boston Globe All-Scholastic then and now. Click the year to see All-Scholastics. Below are those currently playing professionally:
- 2012 - This class featued Matt Tulley of Lowell, Brandon Walsh of North Andover, Casey DeAndrade of East Bridgewater, and Jason Harper of
- 2011 - Players of the year in 2011 included Adam Ravenelle of Lincoln-Sudbury, Matt Walsh of Plymouth North, Ryan O’Connor of Newburyport, and Jeff Cavanaro of Cohasset.
- 2010 - The 2010 season was led by Eddie Campbell of Bridgewater-Raynham, Conor Ressel of
Gloucester, Jamill Moquete of Madison Park, and Brendan Doonan of Cohasset.
- 2009 - This class was led by Dario Pizzano, who after a career at Columbia, was drafted by the Seattle Mariners.In his first pro season, he hit .356 for the Pulaski Mariners before being promoted to the Class A Everett AquaSox. Meanwhile, Steve Perakslis of Abington made it to the Cubs organization in 2012 where he went 4-0 in his first pro season of A-ball.
- 2008 - Scott Weismann of Acton-Boxboro (drafted by the Detroit Tigers, but opted for Clemson University), Blaine O'Brien of Scituate (drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies, but opted for Middle Georgia College; then selected by Cleveland Indians in 2011).
- 2007 - Only Scott Oberg of Tewksbury advanced to a pro career out of this class after playing his collegiate ball at Connecticut. In 2012, Scott joined the Grand Junction Rockies in the Pioneer league and posted a 2.33 ERA in 22 games finished, including 13 saves with 29 K's in 27 innings.
- 2006 - Alex Hassan of BC High, Greenville Drive (AA), Chris Curran of Brockton, Hagerstown Suns (A), Matt Small of Ipswich, Rome Braves (A).
- 2005 - Matt Costello of Barnstable, Helena Brewers (A), Nate Freiman of Wellesley, Eugene Emeralds (A), Julian Alvarez of Brighton, Lake Elsinore (A), Brandon Josselyn of Whitman-Hanson, Clinton LumberKings (A), J.B. Macdonald of Danvers, Tri-City ValleyCats (A), Matt Nuzzo of Everett, GCL Blue Jays (A), Scott Savastano of Plymouth North, Clinton LumberKings (A).
- 2004 - Ryan Moorer of Peabody Clinton Lumberkings (A), Nate Freiman of Wellesley, Eugene Emeralds (A).
- 2003 - Matt Antonelli of St. John's Prep, San Diego Padres (Majors), Jeff Allison of Peabody, Jacksonville Suns (AA), Pat Bresnehan of Dover Sherborn, Altoona Curve (AA), Cody Crowell of Warwich, Dunedin Blue Jays (A), Steve Richard of Malden Catholic, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A).
- 2002 - Ryan Edell of Lexington, Columbus Clippers (AAA), Mark Shorey of Peabody, Memphis Redbirds (AAA) Brandon Gomes of Durfee San Antonia Missions (AA).